Medical and Health Services / / 896 views
This module will provide you with an advanced understanding of dementia. The module aims to enable healthcare professionals to provide person-centred care that enhances the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers. This module has been developed using the latest evidence from the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
The module is delivered using blended learning supported by workshops (equivalent to 2 days) and will run over 10 weeks. The module is subdivided into five units as follows:
- Understanding Dementia
- Dementia – Theoretical Perspectives
- The Lived Experience of Dementia
- Caring for People during the Dementia Journey
- Managing Behaviours that Challenge
This module is multidisciplinary and welcomes applications from healthcare professionals from the wider multidisciplinary team (including medical doctors, nurses, midwives, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists).
- Applicants must be registered healthcare professionals currently working in an Irish primary care setting.
- Have an opportunity to care for people with dementia in his/her current work allocation.