Leading and Managing Practice
Medical and Health Services / / 1027 views
This course explores Leading and managing developing practice; challenges of caring as a creative dynamic; factors that shape and influence practice within the current healthcare setting; power dynamics, and the concept of empowerment; the interdisciplinary nature of collaboration; supporting and sustaining change in health care; clinical decision-making; ethics of care; reflection in transforming self and practice; the challenge for practitioners in sustaining change.
On completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Critically review the concepts of leading and managing in healthcare practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges in promoting caring as a creative dynamic in practice.
- Demonstrate the appraisal of processes in supporting and sustaining change.
- Critically reflect on developing self and practice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the value of transforming self and practice.
- Demonstrate the appreciation of the value of ethical decision making in leading and managing practice.