This one-day seminar at Pitman Training Cork is designed to help participants behave more assertively in the workplace to enable them to be more effective in a day-to-day working role. The course is aimed at individuals who need to develop a more confident or possibly less aggressive manner when dealing with others at work or in interpersonal dealings.
Learn to identify assertive behaviour and the benefits of being assertive
Understanding when and how to use an assertive manner
Achieving optimum results in interpersonal transactions and improving work effectiveness
Key areas covered;
- What is assertiveness?; self assessment; group participation
- Behaviour styles – identifying the difference between aggressive, assertive and submissive behaviour
- Adapting behaviour styles – stages of successful personal behaviour change; goal setting
- Developing an assertive attitude – handling requests; saying ‘yes’ and ‘no’; appropriate responses in practical situations
- Dealing with criticism
- Dealing with emotive responses
- Language choice
- Body language – non-verbal communication
- Case studies – analysing the workplace
- Developing a personal action plan
Participants receive a workbook with exercises and notes to ensure that skills learnt on this course can be successfully applied and reused in future.