10th November 2017 All Day
This module aims to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to take responsibility for and to uphold the protection, safety, welfare and well-being of all children and adults in an early childhood care and education service.
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Recognise their responsibilities in upholding the protection, safety, welfare and well-being of children and adults in early childhood care and practice services.
- Devise and implement policies and procedures with regards to safety and protection in early years settings.
- Describe the history of child protection services in Ireland.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- Respond appropriately to evidence of abuse and neglect.