Negotiation Skills Course
Management / / 932 views
Negotiation Skills explore how two or more parties with competing interests discuss and manage issues so as to attain an agreement, settle a matter of mutual concern, or resolve a conflict. Negotiation is a valuable leadership and management skill, which is employed in a wide range of business contexts, such as contracts, deal-making, employment discussions, team building and disputes. Negotiations occur in commercial, non-profit and governmental organisations.
This module is delivered online and includes a 3-day online workshop.
- Comparing distributive and integrative negotiations, as well as identifying the sub-process of negotiations.
- Distinguishing between interests and positions, as well as outlining the elements of principled negotiations.
- Applying active listening techniques and investigating the joint outcome space through BATNA, ZOPA and anchoring.
- Exploring the agent-client dynamics in negotiations and crafting solutions via standards and persuasion.
- Managing hardball tactics and non-engagement, as well as identifying ethical issues in negotiations.
Assessed by continuous assessment and a test during the three-day workshop