This new IEMA Certified course is aimed at individuals that are responsible for implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001 and covers the new requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
This will enable delegates to evaluate and implement changes and improve their organisation’s environmental management system. If you want to be the first to implement the ISO 14001:2015 standard in your organisation, this course will give you the tools to adapt to the updated standard. You will leave the course with the unique electronic iemaSTS EMS Gap Analysis Tool.
On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand the changes to ISO 14001:2015 and their intent
- Identify and plan actions to enable an organisation to conform to, and so realise the benefits of the new requirements.
- Background to the revision of ISO 14001 and the new common structure
- Organisational context and the needs of the interested parties
- Risks and opportunities
- Life cycle perspective – control and influence
- Integration into core business processes
- Implications for existing management systems and processes
- Environmental sustainability
- Compliance obligations and demonstration of compliance status
- Other key changes in the requirements of the standard
- Inter-relationship between different requirements of the standard
- Benefits of conforming to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Evaluate the context of an organisation relevant to you
- Evaluate the scope of an organisation’s EMS
- Applying the IEMA Gap Analysis Toolkit
- Identify the communication channels in your organisation and evaluate their effectiveness in the context of your EMS
- Determine the scope of the necessary EMS changes/ improvements
- Determine the implication(s) on elements of other systems and processes e.g. risk management, quality, health & safety
- Explore and state opportunities to drive added value through this change process
- Plan the implementation of required changes