Increases in waste legislation along with growing awareness of the importance of sustainable and carbon friendly manufacturing processes make this course a must for those involved with such matters as part of their job or for those with an interest in pursuing effective waste management processes.
Course consists of the following..
- Waste management in Ireland
- Environmental and safety aspects of waste
- Waste definitions and types
- Waste legislation and enforcement
- Best practice in waste handling and storage
- Waste hierarchy and reduction, reuse and recycling
- Waste minimisation and benefits of this
- Eight-step approach to waste reduction,
- Practical waste management including development of procedures, record-keeping, monitoring and auditing
- Case studies and references