The primary objectives of this course are as follows: To provide rigorous exposure to the concepts, theories and techniques on which strategic management in the business sector is based. To explore the application of strategic management concepts, theories and techniques in a wide range of business settings. To examine the design, implementation, and maintenance of strategic planning systems and strategic thinking
This course is delivered online.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the concepts, theories and techniques on which strategic management in the business sector is based
- Formulate and design strategies, strategic planning systems and strategic implementation plans
- Develop an understanding of the complex, multi-disciplinary, inter-related and intractable nature of strategic issues confronting the senior management of firms
- Demonstrate a facility for critical, evaluative, strategic thinking
- Critically assess strategies and strategic profiles at firm and industry levels
- Apply strategic principles, concepts, theories, techniques and systems in a wide range of business and industry settings.
Assessed by continuous assessment